[IAEP] SoaS change of direction: heads-up on convos in other lists

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Fri Mar 19 22:23:16 EDT 2010

SoaS engineering just proposed a major change-in-direction for the
upcoming (Mirabelle) release. See
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/soas/2010-March/000906.html for more
information - we're asking people to continue discussion on that thread,
so please reply there (rather than here).

The short version is that instead of "include all Activites by default,"
we're thinking of shipping very few (6) Activities by default - the ones
that help users get further Activities and help - and driving them to
ASLO to download Activities and engage directly with Activity creators
instead.

Other related threads - please join the appropriate list and join the
conversation there if you're interested in the topic.

Marketing:
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/marketing/2010-March/002727.html

Activity developers:
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-March/023066.html

We'd like feedback and comments and all the usual, but please have
discussions on the threads we linked to above - we're sending this
message to iaep as a heads-up for people who may be interested but not
yet on these lists.

Thanks,

--Sebastian and Mel