[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SoaS] The Future of Sugar on a Stick

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue Sep 22 02:35:25 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 01:03:37AM -0400, Mel Chua wrote:
> Ok - then the situation is this, then:
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Talk%3ASugar_on_a_Stick&diff=37874&oldid=37820
>
> It looks like "the SoaS team" is unblocked

I don't see how "the SoaS team" was ever blocked on the things that
are now unblocked (mailing list, start team/SL project).  Sebastien
was just going to do them[1].

Sebastien's original question[2] is unanswered perhaps because it's
been deemed maybe-already-answered[3] or "peripheral" (your page)
despite being important[4,5,6] and the fact that the thread is now
over a hundred messages long.

It's a week and a bit after the original mail already.  This is a
convincing demonstration of the utter failure in decision-making.

I'm going to fall back on Daniel's advice[7] about letting the code do
the talking, but I hope that the people that don't have this option
get a better deal next time they need something clarified by SL.

It's not hard to say "no", but it takes a mailing list and a committee
to really avoid saying it for so long and with such obfuscation, it
seems.

> --Mel

Martin

1. http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2009-September/008322.html