[math4] Four's Company progress...

Jonathan Meschino (RIT Student) jam2707 at rit.edu
Thu Mar 24 13:57:31 EDT 2011

Hey guys,

    great job so far. As far as code commenting goes, you probably want to
speak with jlew particularly. Not sure what specifically you are looking to
do...

    What's troubling you between dungeons? There are map files (.txt) that
represent each dungeon.   I believe they are laid out as A1, A2, A3, etc (or
1a, 1b, 1c).  Dungeon 1 would then consist of all of the maps with the same
number and each floor in that dungeon is represented by the letter.

   If you're talking about inside game play, I don't believe the 'newer'
code has different dungeons at the moment (so you'll want to check out the
old version of the game). Each dungeon consists of multiple floors, and has
unique artwork. It should be pretty clear and evident you have entered a new
dungeon (because you go from 'brick' to 'ice' to 'outer space' etc)

   Hope that all helps. Throw me more questions if you've got 'em ; )

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 10:45 AM, 4s company software team <
fourscompany462 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> We have been working diligently to make some progress with the Fortune
> Hunter project. So far, Ryan has been able to fix the black lines that were
> showing up translucent in the game. Also, I (Brittany) have been working on
> documentation and keeping posts up on the mailing lists each week. Because
> our class is attending POSSCON this week, our team is a little bit scattered
> so we haven't been able to do much in planning for this event.
>
> One thing I would like to ask is if there is anyone who has worked on the
> documentation for the code or possibly still is that I can talk to and
> possibly coordinate with to figure out how to document some of the files.
> Any help/information would be greatly appreciated! :)
>
> Also, we are having some trouble differentiating between each dungeon. We
> are trying to work our way through the entire game but we can't keep up with
> our progress.
>
> That's all for now. Hopefully much more to come next week.
>
> Thanks a bunch,
> Four's Company

 ~ jON mESCHINO
    bS vIDEO gAME dESIGN & dEVELOPMENT (igm)
    5TH yR @ RIT