[Systems] Trouble reaching File:pages on wiki

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun May 23 10:50:22 EDT 2010

El Thu, 20-05-2010 a las 13:36 -0700, Frederick Grose escribió:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:41 AM, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>         On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:18 AM, Frederick Grose
>         <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:
>                 I'm having trouble reaching the  File:filename pages
>                 on the wiki.
>
>                 From http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Special:ListFiles I
>                 can consistently reach the (file) links to the files
>                 in the image directory, but my browsers stall on the
>                 File:filename links.
>
>                 I occasionally reach a page, but I can't reach
>                 another, and then often I have trouble reaching any of
>                 our wiki pages.
>
>                 Any hints, clues, or ideas...
>

>         I've found that if I clear all browsing data in the Chrome
>         browser, I can see one File:filename page, but then the
>         problem returns when I try to view another.
>

> I believe there is a file locking problem associated with my account
> at wiki.sugarlabs.org.

Indeed. There were 170 processes spawned by Apache to scale images with
ImageMagick's "convert" command. All of them were waiting for some
futex, which is hardly believable given the fact that convert is a
simple CPU-bound application with no frills.

I killed all the hung processes; now things seem to be going smoothly,
but it looks like we're experiencing kernel problems on Sunjammer.

I'll ask the FSF to assist me while I'm rebooting sunjammer. Too bad, we
had reached 109 days of uptime :-/