[Systems] Trouble reaching File:pages on wiki

Frederick Grose fgrose at sugarlabs.org
Thu May 20 16:36:38 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:41 AM, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:18 AM, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I'm having trouble reaching the  File:filename pages on the wiki.
>>
>> From http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Special:ListFiles I can consistently
>> reach the (file) links to the files in the image directory, but my browsers
>> stall on the File:filename links.
>>
>> I occasionally reach a page, but I can't reach another, and then often I
>> have trouble reaching any of our wiki pages.
>>
>> Any hints, clues, or ideas...
>>

> I've found that if I clear all browsing data in the Chrome browser, I can
> see one File:filename page, but then the problem returns when I try to view
> another.

I believe there is a file locking problem associated with my account at
wiki.sugarlabs.org.

See this page section,
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Logo#SoaS_Banners, where the
fourth SoaS image placeholder has this message, "Error creating thumbnail:
libgomp: Thread creation failed: Resource temporarily unavailable"

I suspect that: the file upload got interrupted and a lock has not been
cleared.  Further, the lock is associated with my login account, so some
process is taking over normal page production for me.

Could someone please investigate. Perhaps there is some way to recover from
such situations that we have not configured or need to request...

            --Fred