[Systems] wiki.sugarlabs.org relocation

Frederick Grose fgrose at sugarlabs.org
Tue May 11 02:22:52 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Josh Williams <josh at tucson-labs.com> wrote:

>  On 5/9/10 2:12 PM, Frederick Grose wrote:

>  hidden links border shows through an image (at the top),
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Getting_Involved
>
> Did we have to sacrifice the 'border-bottom' link decorations in order to
hide them on the hidden links?
They were really nice for readability compared to the standard underline,
which interfere with the descenders on the text.
We can define a new class in a template for embedding links behind images
and then go back and keep the
'border-bottom' link decorations.  I've tested this in wiki-devel, see
http://wiki-devel.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Getting_Involved#Join_Sugar_Labs
where I surrounded the whole table with <div class="noborder"> table </div>
delimiters.  This will get us by (perhaps with a clearer name and convenient
template) until a cleaner solution is found or implemented.

> table & cell borders do not show when requested (with class="wikitable"
> here).
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Supported_systems#Starch
> (This is an accessibility issue with those using screen readers. See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Table#Caveats.)
>
>  The table header or first row is not showing cell borders yet.

>  plainlinks css hijacks all divs and spans with plainlinks (
> planet.sugarlabs.org).
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Current_Events
> Can we define a new class, such as 'linkgroup' to
> control the colored link bars.
>
>  Iframe border=1 does not show.
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Widget:Iframe

I see the border around the frame, but it doesn't produce the 'indented'
appearance as it does if you shift the skin to Vector.

Collapsible sections are not working now.
We use these to show embedded Iframes such as on
http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Getting_Started#The_Sugar_Learners.27_manual
(click the [show] link that appears while using Vector)
and at http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs#Local_Labs in the
Local Labs wiki portal.

The code is like this:
Content stuff

> Thanks for testing and feedback Fred! I believe I've addressed everything
> you mentioned, but I'm not really sure what to do about the plain links. I
> overrode the inline styles for plainlinks so it would match the color scheme
> of the site. I can remove these styles if you think that's best.

Well, the styles are more a matter of taste. We'll have a chance to hear
more settled comments on that, once we have all the technical stuff out of
the way and people can view things as intended and see how everything works.

The technical issue is that the class="plainlinks" is used for other
purposes, such as hiding the special link-type icons where one wants a
simpler appearance.

plainlinks css hijacks all divs and spans with plainlinks (
> planet.sugarlabs.org).

http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Current_Events

The planet.sugarlabs.org link is now hidden in white text by the css

Can we define a new class, such as 'linkgroup' to control the colored link
> bars.

We can just substitute class="plainlinks" with class="linkgroup" in the css
and on the page content and we should have a new identifier
for that style of link header.  I've tested this on wiki-devel,
http://wiki-devel.sugarlabs.org/go/Welcome_to_the_Sugar_Labs_wiki.

> Also there's an empty html <p> tag on the front page that leaves a gap
> between the p-cactions and plain links. I'm not sure where to remove this
> html as I can't seem to find it in the shikiwiki.php file:

I moved the 'magic words',
__NOEDITSECTION__
__NOTOC__
below the plainlinks header and now the gap is due to <div
id="contentSub"></div>, but looks ok.

>  http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Welcome_to_the_Sugar_Labs_wiki
>
> -Josh

Thanks again for all your contributions!         --Fred