[Systems] [IAEP] wiki.sugarlabs.org relocation

Josh Williams josh at tucson-labs.com
Mon May 10 20:01:56 EDT 2010

On 5/9/10 2:12 PM, Frederick Grose wrote:
> On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Josh Williams <josh at tucson-labs.com
> <mailto:josh at tucson-labs.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 5/9/10 9:41 AM, Josh Williams wrote:
>     I haven't thoroughly tested everything, so if anyone wants to help
>     with that please do.
>
>     http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org
>

> Some items I've noticed:
>
> First, wiki-testing does not seem to be at the same MediaWiki version,
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Special:Version, but that may not
> significantly change the following results.
>
> page navigation bar overlaps with longer titles.
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Welcome_to_the_Sugar_Labs_wiki
>
> hidden links border shows through an image (at the top),
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Getting_Involved
>
> and on a small image:
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs#Events_Calendar
>
> <pre>blocks show through the toc panel.
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Supported_systems
>
> table & cell borders do not show when requested (with
> class="wikitable" here).
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Supported_systems#Starch
> (This is an accessibility issue with those using screen readers. See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Table#Caveats.)
>
> Developers' template is grayed over on this page,
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Source_Code
>
> plainlinks css hijacks all divs and spans with plainlinks
> (planet.sugarlabs.org <http://planet.sugarlabs.org>).
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Current_Events
> Can we define a new class, such as 'linkgroup' to
> control the colored link bars.
>
> Iframe border=1 does not show.
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Widget:Iframe
>
> page navigation link areas overlap 4 pixels with 'linkgroup' bar.
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad
>
> Some HIG pages are grayed.
> http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Sugar_Interface/Colors
>
> Thanks for your efforts!          --Fred
Thanks for testing and feedback Fred! I believe I've addressed
everything you mentioned, but I'm not really sure what to do about the
plain links. I overrode the inline styles for plainlinks so it would
match the color scheme of the site. I can remove these styles if you
think that's best.

Also there's an empty html <p> tag on the front page that leaves a gap
between the p-cactions and plain links. I'm not sure where to remove
this html as I can't seem to find it in the shikiwiki.php file:
http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Welcome_to_the_Sugar_Labs_wiki

-Josh