[Sugar-devel] Mode of distribution of Sugar Activities

Chihurumnaya Ibiam ibiamchihurumnaya at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 17:51:32 EDT 2020

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 10:22 PM Srevin Saju <srevinsaju at sugarlabs.org>
wrote:

> Thanks
>
> Yes, there is no single source of Python 3 activity bundles.  There
> was for Python 2 activities; it was activities.sugarlabs.org.
>
> I hope aslov4 would solve this issue. I have now uploaded entire
> successfully built Python3 bundles to
> https://github.com/srevinsaju/sugar-activity-build/releases. You can
> check them out if you are interested and get some spare time.
>
> Yes, there is no single source of activity sources.  Best we have is
> GitHub sugarlabs org, where directory activity has a fileactivity.info which has a valid exec key.  But also gitorious.
>
> By 'no single source', is there any instance of python3 activities on
> gitorious? I wanted to know if all the python3 activities are either forked
> or owned as a repository at sugarlabs GitHub organization? or does it still
> exist at some other places?

There isn't any Python 3 activity repo on Sugar Labs gitorious instance,
development moved from there a long time ago hence every recent
change have happened on Github, the source files for any Python 3 activity
that has been released should exist on download.sugarlabs.org,
every activity that has been ported to Python 3 exists on the Sugar Labs
Github organization.

> Yes, aslov4 as specified in our GSoC project idea could look like it
> was a smaller than normal project, but if you iterate through each of
> the requirements it could easily fill the time available for a GSoC
> student working for 12 weeks of seven hours a weekday.
>
> Yes I agree. ASLOv4 is not an easy task. I am not sure when Manish (
> radii.dev) would be free, I will try to complete the best I can, to my
> knowledge.
>
> --
> V/r
> Srevin Saju