[Sugar-devel] Mode of distribution of Sugar Activities

Srevin Saju srevinsaju at sugarlabs.org
Mon Jun 29 17:22:41 EDT 2020

Thanks

> Yes, there is no single source of Python 3 activity bundles.  There
> was for Python 2 activities; it was activities.sugarlabs.org.
I hope aslov4 would solve this issue. I have now uploaded entire
successfully built Python3 bundles to
https://github.com/srevinsaju/sugar-activity-build/releases. You can
check them out if you are interested and get some spare time.

> Yes, there is no single source of activity sources.  Best we have is
> GitHub sugarlabs org, where directory activity has a file
> activity.info which has a valid exec key.  But also gitorious.

By 'no single source', is there any instance of python3 activities on
gitorious? I wanted to know if all the python3 activities are either
forked or owned as a repository at sugarlabs GitHub organization? or
does it still exist at some other places?
> Yes, aslov4 as specified in our GSoC project idea could look like it
> was a smaller than normal project, but if you iterate through each of
> the requirements it could easily fill the time available for a GSoC
> student working for 12 weeks of seven hours a weekday.
Yes I agree. ASLOv4 is not an easy task. I am not sure when Manish
(radii.dev) would be free, I will try to complete the best I can, to my
knowledge.

--
V/r
Srevin Saju