[Sugar-devel] GSOC 2016

yoshita arora cravinghighs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 03:32:04 EST 2016

Hi,

I have been working through Sugar labs for a while now, I made a pull
request (#209) for the issue (#210) and working on it. Meanwhile, could you
please advice on what next should I implement, solve any simpler bug or
some other enhancement related tasks that would help me contribute fast and
get more familiar with the code base within the next two to three days.

Also, I was looking at the ideas page for GSOC 2016 and caught my eye on
"Music Widgets" as I have knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Jquery and
Music Theory (passed the second grade keyboard exam). I want to start
contributing for the same as soon as possible.

I have had a look at all the links as suggested for the project, and there
are certain things I wanted to clear:

1) Do I have to implement what's given in the proposal.txt file in "final"
folder of "tempo"?

2) Also, could you please elaborate a bit more for where and what should I
start implementing for "Rhythm" and the "pitch stairs"? What could be some
possible bitsize tasks regarding these two that I could start implementing
and could get familiar with the code base as soon as possible?

Hoping for a positive response soon.

Best Regards,
Yoshita Arora
(yoshi2095).