[Sugar-devel] GSOC 2016 query regarding project : Redesign and recreate Sugar Labs webappearance

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Mar 10 15:39:27 EST 2016

I agree with Sam; being able to try it out, and engaging new people,
are the critical goals.

The web site is http://sugarlabs.org/

The content should guide and inform people who have never heard of
Sugar or activities.

Other web sites have used HTML5 features and style sheets to make them
accessible on desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone browsers.  Good idea,
but not if it makes the site less accessible to environments where
Sugar is used; environments with low bandwidth internet.

Sugarizer might be used for try it out.  A prepared virtual machine
would be useful.  But without easy tools for preparing bootable
drives, trying it out on a computer is difficult.

The site has links to activities-2.sugarlabs.org, which currently
return 502 Bad Gateway from nginx.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/