[Sugar-devel] The future of Sugar on XO-1s

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Sat Jun 11 02:38:01 EDT 2016

Dave thanks for all your efforts to keep our community moving ;D

> On 10 June 2016 at 15:00, Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:
> > I guess getting back to life the Deployment Team may help establish an
> > effective interaction cycle  among Sugar Labs Developers and Deployments
> > teams.
>
> I oppose the creation of all committees and teams; I propose
> nominating individual people for responsibility to lead
> projects/efforts, but I am worried that teams/committees dilute points
> of contact, co-ordination and responsibility and lead to inaction.

Teams is how we do free software. It is part of the experience of doing
software in a collaborative way.

> > The main action needed to resuscitate the Deployment team is to create an
> > updated and complete "Deployment Contact List" for technical and
> > administrative contact.
> >
> > I'm just not sure how to get this list done...
>
> Someone needs to list the specific tasks, and someone needs do it! Can
> you list the tasks so someone new to SL could take this on? :)

I did listed the main action needed (1 task list):

*To create and publish an updated and complete "Deployment Contact List"
for technical and administrative contacts.*

Again, I really do not know how to get this list done! my guess is it will
require official interaction with OLPC.

--
Laura V.
I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org