[Sugar-devel] The future of Sugar on XO-1s

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sat Jun 11 03:15:09 EDT 2016

On 10 June 2016 at 23:38, Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:

> Teams is how we do free software. It is part of the experience of doing software
> in a collaborative way.

The free software projects I've been involved in do software
development in a collaborative way using anarchist principles, which
are encoded in the git/github pull request model: decision making is
not gated on consensus of a vanguardist team, freedom of discussion
and unity of action, but instead is gated on people taking action
unilaterally and sharing the results using collaboration technology.

>>> The main action needed to resuscitate the Deployment team is to create an
>>> updated and complete "Deployment Contact List" for technical and
>>> administrative contact.
>>>
>>> I'm just not sure how to get this list done...
>>
>> Someone needs to list the specific tasks, and someone needs do it! Can
>> you list the tasks so someone new to SL could take this on? :)
>
> To create and publish an updated and complete "Deployment Contact List" for
> technical and administrative contacts.
>
> Again, I really do not know how to get this list done! my guess is it will
> require official interaction with OLPC.

Alright, I'll chat with Leah @ OLPC Inc next week and keep you posted.

However, I think there is a lot of public information scattered around
that we can use to piece together such a list, sort of with "OSINT"
techniques (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_intelligence)

I started to gather some of this data back in April on
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Local_Labs/Contacts and later found
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Deployment_Team/Places which has more.