[Sugar-devel] New method for Activity class to send notifications

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 11:21:45 EDT 2014

Hello Sebastian,

The notification back-end is already a subset of freedesktop notification
definition. That is something we had in Sugar since a long time. We just
added some other missing parts (displaying subject and body).

But, for the front-end, If you look at Gary's design, you will see that is
not the typical independent bubble UI component, as it groups notifications
according to some context (ie., when is an activity).

So, the motivation behind this method is (as you also suggest) to add some
sugar syntax to facilitate its usage for activity developers.

Having explained that, any recommendation for the name? :)

Saludos!
tch.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org