[Sugar-devel] New method for Activity class to send notifications

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Wed Mar 26 10:20:25 EDT 2014

Hi Martin,

What about using this:
https://developer.gnome.org/notification-spec/ ?

I really think we should be moving towards FreeDesktop standards
instead of rolling our own.

Currently it would look like this, or you can add some syntax sugar to
it:

#!/usr/bin/python
from gi.repository import Notify
Notify.init ("Hello world")
Hello=Notify.Notification.new ("Hello world","This is an example
notification.","dialog-information")
Hello.show ()