[Sugar-devel] Problems with `make run`

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue May 7 06:48:45 EDT 2013

Hey!

On 7 May 2013 09:49, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn <alanjas at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello again:
>
> Well, now all was working! it works on Ubuntu 13.10 !!

Glad that it works!

> 1) Would be have a parameter for "make" that only compiles the "core"
> sugar? That
> means the "strictly necessary". For example: I don't want have the
> Terminal activity..

The combinations to test are already a lot (different distributions etc). I
don't want to increase the complexity further. Building Terminal only takes
a few secs anyway :)

> 2) I'm have problems with webkitgtk and then, I try compile all without
> it. I'm not
> sure who needs it? That dependency is for the Browser?
> Another library that have problems: volo. I compile all without it and
> works :-)
> Others libraries that was not necessary for 13.04 I put as not necesary
> for 13.10.

Webkitgtk is used by the new html activities stuff. sugar-html-demo needs
it to run, for example.

> 3) The only problem that I have is with the Control Panel. The "software
> updater" and
> the new feature of "background" not works.
> The shell.log gives:

> Maybe the problem is other and leads to this problem, but is a good check
> to do.
> The same with " if self._section_view.needs_restart"

It would seem like a bug with sugar itself (not sugar-build) at first
sight. Open a ticket?