[Sugar-devel] Problems with `make run`

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn alanjas at hotmail.com
Tue May 7 03:49:00 EDT 2013

Hello again:
Well, now all was working! it works on Ubuntu 13.10 !!
1) Would be have a parameter for "make" that only compiles the "core" sugar? Thatmeans the "strictly necessary". For example: I don't want have the Terminal activity..
2) I'm have problems with webkitgtk and then, I try compile all without it. I'm notsure who needs it? That dependency is for the Browser?Another library that have problems: volo. I compile all without it and works :-)Others libraries that was not necessary for 13.04 I put as not necesary for 13.10.
I attach a patch with the changes. Someone with 13.10 can test it?
3) The only problem that I have is with the Control Panel. The "software updater" andthe new feature of "background" not works.The shell.log gives:
Traceback (most recent call last):  File "/home/alan/Documentos/GIT/sugar-build/sugar-build/install/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jarabe/controlpanel/gui.py", line 321, in __accept_clicked_cb    if self._section_view.needs_restart:AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'needs_restart'Traceback (most recent call last):  File "/home/alan/Documentos/GIT/sugar-build/sugar-build/install/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jarabe/controlpanel/gui.py", line 315, in __cancel_clicked_cb    self._section_view.undo()AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'undo'
And go to the code and found this (from line 257 of gui.py):
try:    self.get_window().set_cursor(Gdk.Cursor.new(Gdk.CursorType.WATCH))    self._section_view = view_class(model,                                    self._options[option]['alerts'])
    self._set_canvas(self._section_view)    self._section_view.show()finally:    self.get_window().set_cursor(None)
self._section_view.connect('notify::is-valid',                           self.__valid_section_cb)
The problem: if "self._section_view" is in a try, you can have the problem thatself._section_view never have the object and continues in None.In the code more down, you need check if you have the object:
if self._section_view:    self._section_view.undo()   ...
Maybe the problem is other and leads to this problem, but is a good check to do.The same with " if self._section_view.needs_restart"
Regards!
Alan