[Sugar-devel] Problems with `make run`

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue May 7 07:51:26 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey!
>
> On 7 May 2013 09:49, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn <alanjas at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello again:
>>
>> Well, now all was working! it works on Ubuntu 13.10 !!
>>

> Glad that it works!
>

>> 1) Would be have a parameter for "make" that only compiles the "core"
>> sugar? That
>> means the "strictly necessary". For example: I don't want have the
>> Terminal activity..
>>

> The combinations to test are already a lot (different distributions etc).
> I don't want to increase the complexity further. Building Terminal only
> takes a few secs anyway :)
>

>> 2) I'm have problems with webkitgtk and then, I try compile all without
>> it. I'm not
>> sure who needs it? That dependency is for the Browser?
>> Another library that have problems: volo. I compile all without it and
>> works :-)
>> Others libraries that was not necessary for 13.04 I put as not necesary
>> for 13.10.
>>

> Webkitgtk is used by the new html activities stuff. sugar-html-demo needs
> it to run, for example.
>

>> 3) The only problem that I have is with the Control Panel. The "software
>> updater" and
>> the new feature of "background" not works.
>> The shell.log gives:

>> Maybe the problem is other and leads to this problem, but is a good check
>> to do.
>> The same with " if self._section_view.needs_restart"
>>

> It would seem like a bug with sugar itself (not sugar-build) at first
> sight. Open a ticket?

I have been working on fixing the updater and had it working with 0.98.
Something seems to have broken with 0.100 -- not sure if it is something on
the ASLO end or not. Still investigating. Didn't think my patches landed
yet so probably you are trying to use the old updater, which AFAIK, hasn't
work for some time.

Re background, I am surprised that is broken. But as Daniel says, it is
probably a Sugar bug and not one of the emulator.

regards.

-walter

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs