[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Alerting users in case of write errors

Martin Abente mabente at paraguayeduca.org
Tue Jun 15 10:17:52 EDT 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:52:47 +0530, Anish Mangal
<anishmangal2002 at gmail.com> wrote:
> To sum up, these are the possible suggestions we have on the plate
> (please add if I missed anything)...
>
> 1.  No fancy gimmicks, just the plain old NotifyAlert

This sounds good for the Activity context.

> 2.  A NotifyAlert that is initially Red and then slowly fades to black
> over its lifetime
> 3.  Only turn the border red instead of the full background
> 4.  Don't use red, use the user's color

If theres a convention about the use of colors, I think it should be
respected. At least until theres a conceptual shift. Meanwhile, I think it
is important to maintain the concepts coherence.

> 5.  Don't make the alert timeout and disappear.
> 6.  Use icons next to the alert text (see below)

What I think it could work (in the activity context), is a mix between the
first option and sixth one. I would love to see what Eben can contribute to
this discussion.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Sugar_Interface/Colors