[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Alerting users in case of write errors

Anish Mangal anishmangal2002 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 14:22:47 EDT 2010

To sum up, these are the possible suggestions we have on the plate
(please add if I missed anything)...

1.  No fancy gimmicks, just the plain old NotifyAlert
2.  A NotifyAlert that is initially Red and then slowly fades to black
over its lifetime
3.  Only turn the border red instead of the full background
4.  Don't use red, use the user's color
5.  Don't make the alert timeout and disappear.
6.  Use icons next to the alert text (see below)

--

In addition, I was thinking that perhaps the Alert dialogs should
display some icons beside the text depending on the alert type. Maybe

Cheers,
Anish

P.S. To a relative newbie (like me) [1] makes for very interesting
reading (as does the rest of the HIG)
[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Sugar_Interface/Colors