[sugar] new 8.2.0 beta joyride - upgrading via control panel ?

Kevin Cole kevin.cole
Mon Aug 11 11:07:16 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 11:26 PM, Ixo X oxI <ixo at myna.ws> wrote:
> I've tried to use several joyrides and the control panel / upgrade
> option...   it just sits at 9% and does nothing.  On 2269 I even left it
> over night to see if it needed more than 10 hrs..  still nothing.
> (I have no XS server, is one required?) I've never seen it work at all.. ;-/
>
> Is there an estimate on the length of time for the upgrade process..   clean
> system with no activities?  with G1G1 activity pack?  with just 5
> activites?   How long should I wait to get past the first '9%' and
> downloading?  How much does it need to download first ?
>
> -iXo
> p.s. Shall I file a TRAC ticket with the list of Activities I have ?

For what it's worth, I was working with the joyride that was suggested
at the start of the thread: 2263.  I managed to get around whatever
was hanging it up by using:

http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/joyride-activities.py

from the command line, and then doing the sugar control panel software
update.  (And then, for kicks "yum update")

--
 Kevin Cole | Key ID: 0xE6F332C7 (GPG/PGP)
 Gallaudet University | WWW: http://gri.gallaudet.edu/~kjcole/

 ". ! 1 |" -- Rene Magritte's computer