[IAEP] Help needed..

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Wed Aug 24 16:40:41 EDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 03:49:26PM -0400, Marc Karasek wrote:

> I am planning on deploying 24-30 Machines in Uganda later this year as
> part of a mission project.
>
> I have setup a OLPC Server and a couple of PC with USB SOAS releases.
> I am doing a demo next weekend on the 20th to try to raise some $$ for
> the project.
>
> My questions are :
>
> 1) The two PC can see each other and I can make friends.  But I cannot
> seem to share an activity?  Any ideas what I need to do to make this happen?

* what sugar version SOAS uses?
  in case of collaboration, would be useful to stuck to 0.88 if it is
  about "production" using and not about helping developers to fix various
  collaboration issues in 0.9x code

* run Chat activity, try to share it, change "Private" button to
  "My neighborhood", if buttons in the "My neighborhood" palette are
  inactive, collaboration works on your side.
  Try to chat

* if Chat doesn't work (or buddies don't see each over), see what
  telepathy plugin they are using, type in Terminal activity:

    ps -A -o cmd | grep telepathy | grep -v grep

  the output should be the same for both buddies.
  if it is telepathy-gabble, you use jabber server (and if it doesn't
  work, it seems to be sugar issue and requires new investigation)
  if it is telepathy-salut, you use local connection check if both
  machines are in the same subnet

--
Aleksey