[Systems] Fwd: Cron <root at freedom> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )

Samuel Cantero scanterog at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 14:04:02 EST 2016

Hi,

I was testing our access to the .well-known/acme-challenge directory for
www.slo and nagios.slo. LE must have access to this directory in order to
validate the domain with a set of challenges (in this case provisioning an
HTTP resource under this URI). This access wasn't working. I fixed it for
http and https. Now, we are also forcing https for all pages except
domain/.well/known-challenge. It was forcing https for all pages.

In addition, sometime ago we defined in nginx the same directory for the
acme-challenge for both domains but we forgot to set the same webroot in
the LE config file for each domain. I also fixed this.

I tested all this config with the nagios domain and the certificate was
renewed successfully. I also changed in the renewal script the renewal
time. We defined to renew the SSL certificate 15 days before the expiration
day. I changed this to 30 in order to validate the process with the www.slo
domain in 3 days. www.slo certificate was issued on January 3 and is going
to expire on April 2.

Best regards,