[Systems] Letsencrypt

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Feb 29 20:53:14 EST 2016

Great, thanks for taking care of this and for the update.

Dumb question: which letsencrypt client are we using? There are a number
of options:

  https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/list-of-client-implementations/2103

A couple of weeks ago, I wanted to setup letsencrypt for codewiz.org,
but the official one seemed quite overengineered, so I tried
letsencrypt-nosudo instead. The problem with the nosudo script is that
it's designed for interactive renewal when the user key is kept offline
(a prudent measure, but I'm too lazy for that :-).

The next ones I'd like to try are:

  https://github.com/kuba/simp_le
  https://github.com/lukas2511/letsencrypt.sh

Anyway, I'm shocked by how many weird ways exist to do something as
simple as generating an SSL certificate and getting it signed by a CA
with a challenge. What are your impressions?

 \X/  http://codewiz.org