[Systems] Cron <root at freedom> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Feb 28 14:39:08 EST 2016

On 28/02/16 05:43, Cron Daemon wrote:
> /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
> error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log/nginx/*.log '
> run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

Fixed this with this change:

        postrotate
                #bernie: this is broken
                #invoke-rc.d nginx rotate >/dev/null 2>&1
                /etc/init.d/nginx rotate >/dev/null 2>&1
        endscript

This probably worked in Debian, but in Ubuntu the package nginx-common
installs both a classic initscript and an upstart initscript.

Ah, the joy of multiple init systems! When we upgrade our systems to
16.04 we'll have to go through another migration to systemd... hopefully
the last one.

 \X/  http://codewiz.org