[Systems] Link removal request

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Mon Feb 17 09:27:12 EST 2014

Sugar Labs Tech Team,

> We have recently received a notification from Google stating that our
> website has unnatural links pointing towards it. This has really
> damaged our rankings on Google and as a result, we're trying to clear
> things up.  Our website url is www.entrust.net.
>
> We noticed the following links are pointing to our website from your
> site:
> http://pe.sugarlabs.org/wiki/index.php?title=
> Get_Automated_With_Account_Registration_Software&diff=42656&oldid=0

FWIW, we get a lot of Link removal requests of this type that you were
dealing with over the weekend to Conservancy.  Tony has been
investigating this issue since October 2013, so he likely has something
to report on this.  The prevouis one came from a "Reuben Barrett"
regarding:
>> http://cl.sugarlabs.org/wiki/index.php?title=Sarah690&printable=yes
>> http://cl.sugarlabs.org/wiki/index.php?title=Sarah690&oldid=129102

While it's fine that you took down pe.sugarlabs.org since you didn't
need it anymore anyway, I wasn't sure if these were legitimate requests
or not, which is why I had Tony looking into it.
--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director, Software Freedom Conservancy