[Systems] Request for hosting

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Sep 27 13:35:34 EDT 2013

On 09/27/2013 06:55 AM, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I would like to request the following:
> * a (virtual) build server that will run fedora-14 that I need for
> building reference Deployment Platform (downstream, Hexoquinasa) for
> Perú. It must be 32 bits because so far I've failed at compiling
> bios-crypto on a 64 bits system.

Do you already have a filesystem image or are you planning to install
from an iso? We generally host builders on our spare server freedom.

> Separately,
> * hosting for tests.somosazucar.org (jenkins instance), for automated
> testing, currently hosted in external host.
> * hosting for tareas.somosazucar.org (roundup instance), our bug
> tracking system, also hosted in external host.

Do you need a separate VM for these? If it's something public-facing and
doesn't use a lot of resources, I'd host it on our primary server
justice which provides better SLA.

In both cases, you will be responsible to monitor and backup the
machine. Of course you can use our munin and backup system for the purpose.

> These will benefit the children of Perú by enabling quicker building and
> wider sharing of testing operating system images, as well as making
> possible some forms of automatic testing. It will be useful also to
> decentralize the build process. Currently i'm building on my laptop and
> it takes me about 10 hours to upload a full image with my Internet
> connection.
>
> = Notes on usage expected
> Only light traffic. Buildserver would be used for building testing
> images during the month and monthly release candidates which are being
> used for pilot testing.
>
> In the future, when I figure out how to virtually boot the image, I
> would like to add automatic testing beyond those currently in place for
> Sugar Network.
>
> = Actions required
> Given access and pointing in the right direction I can setup these myself:
>
> * Create virtual machine for fedora-14 host and provide me access.
> * Point me to where I should setup jenkins and roundup for hosted sites.

Let's meet on irc to give you access and get you through the steps to
setup the new VMs. I don't have time today, but I should be available
over the week-end.

 \X/  http://codewiz.org