[Systems] wiki LocalSettings.php gremlins

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:15:14 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at sugarlabs.org>wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 12:37 -0400, Frederick Grose wrote:
> >
> >         Ah yes, that's it! Like with Bash and Perl, string
> >         interpolation in PHP
> >         is enabled only on double-quoted strings.
> >         --
> >         Bernie Innocenti
> >
> > But, the mystery is what recent environment change triggered the
> > change in behavior?
>
> Mystery cleared, I'm the culprit: when I installed the Bad_Behavior
> extension, I noticed the missing $IP in a few other require statements
> and I "fixed" them.

Ah, thanks for confessing!  Dating the edit notes is an easy record.
Perhaps we should also forward a git diff on file changes to systems@ to
help
track our efforts.

       --Fred

Another mystery is: why didn't MediaWiki stop working altogether for the
> failed require()?

The http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Special:Version page was showing no
'CheckUser'
special page or 'ImageMap' parser hook before the last change.