[Systems] wiki LocalSettings.php gremlins

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Thu Apr 21 12:53:39 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 12:37 -0400, Frederick Grose wrote:

>         Ah yes, that's it! Like with Bash and Perl, string
>         interpolation in PHP
>         is enabled only on double-quoted strings.
>         --
>         Bernie Innocenti
>
> But, the mystery is what recent environment change triggered the
> change in behavior?

Mystery cleared, I'm the culprit: when I installed the Bad_Behavior
extension, I noticed the missing $IP in a few other require statements
and I "fixed" them.

Another mystery is: why didn't MediaWiki stop working altogether for the
failed require()?
--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team