[Systems] translate.sl.o

Rafael Ortiz rafael at activitycentral.com
Wed Apr 20 00:35:36 EDT 2011

I think we can make an step back and think what we need for a fully working
pootle and a translation workflow, i think that sebastian and I can work on
this because is transversal to our work on activities. #pootle irc channel
is crucial for that purpose.

-What we have now is a patched 2.0.1 pootle, (I had to patch it)(but we need
to upgrade it)

- We have problems re-generating .pots (sayamindu's scripts have to be
rechecked and fixed).

-There are broken things on workflows that have to be standarized or
documented. this can be done via email as we tested creating sugar-0.92
branch.

- We  present bugs involving gettext and other involving merge or pulling
conflicts in activities that generate  differences in pots and thus in
translation strings and templates.(In this i expect that the most serious
bit is gettext bugs)

As conclusion I don't think that pootle is a bad tool, it just have to be
well maintained and we have to spend more time working on it.
Still I would like to see  transifex or other tools that should be
implemented if a) Don't affect critically our already established workflows
b) Present a better admin-ship experience.