[Systems] translate.sl.o

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Wed Apr 20 00:04:46 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 17:28 -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> First of all let me reaffirm that I share your notion of the
> importance of i18n for this project and greatly value the contribution
> you have done. I think I was too fast in +1'ing the proposal without
> all the information you have kindly shared. So -1 on "dropping"
> pootle! :-P

I'm also with you and CJL on trying to support the work of translators,
but I've run out of ideas. Could we perhaps get the Pootle developers
interested in helping us with updating, configuring and maintaining our
Pootle instance?

> There remains an issue as I said that we have very poor connection
> thrughout deployments and this makes working with pootle as the only
> option difficult. In Peru alone there are 61 native languages and I
> think it is vital to try to support them. Of course an "unhosted"
> workflow is only part of the story for this.

Does Pootle support exporting and importing po files? This would solve
the problem for translators who prefer to (or have to) work off-line.

> I would love to work on this with you when we have the resources for
> making another go at native languages.

Very nice :)

--
Bernie Innocenti