[Systems] Wiki: Search text entry missing

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Sep 16 06:34:25 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 16:10 -0400, Frederick Grose wrote:

> I've commented out $wgVectorUseSimpleSearch in
> wiki-devel/LocalSettings.php. Does http://wiki-devel.sugarlabs.org
> with the Vector skin provide the behavior you desire?

Now I see the buttons, but they take up a lot of space and make the page
look more cluttered.

What is the goal? Make mediawiki work without Javascript? If so, perhaps
we could enclose the buttons in a <noscript> section. Or, better, file a
bug on Mediawiki. Sascha, would you like to do that?

> I think Josh hardcoded ShikiWiki.php to match the single button search
> behavior.

Shall we decommission the Shikiwiki skin? It's outdated and may interact
badly with Mediawiki 1.16.

Hopefully, people who selected this skin in their profile will get
Vector as default.

Also: the SL logo in the top-left corner does not have alpha so it shows
an ugly white background with some skins.