[Systems] http[s]://lists.sugarlabs.org down

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Sun Oct 17 03:46:13 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Bernie Innocenti's message of Sun Oct 17 01:50:15 +0200 2010:

> Fixed. It took me a while to figure out why: the community-news list
> directory did not have the g+s bit set. As a result, the modification to
> the config.pck done from the command line was owned by group root
> instead of list. This made Mailman choke when listing all lists.

Ouch.

> > I wanted to add a "PATCH" topic to sugar-devel so people like JT4Sugar
> > can filter out the review traffic.
>
> Very nice idea.

Done. How can I check whether it worked (other than subscribing from a
second address)? I don't see anything regarding topics in
/var/log/mailman/...

> Can you also add a topic for !PATCH? Some people may like it.

I'm not sure that's a good idea. For one thing it doesn't play nice with
how topic filters work. If someone wants to filter out patches (instead
of receiving only patches), the way to achieve that is to check all
other topics and the "Do you want to receive messages that do not match
any topic filter?" option.

The other question that comes up is whether mailman assigns messages to
all matching topics or just the first one. I haven't found any answer
to this when I searched for it some time ago. Since the admin interface
let's you choose the insertion point for new topics, mailman probably
matches just the first topic, so a !PATCH filter wouldn't work anyway.

Sascha
--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/