[Systems] mirror down?

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Jun 7 19:17:01 EDT 2010

El Sun, 06-06-2010 a las 19:41 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso escribió:

> I was suggesting to filter incoming emails that contain "bernie" and
> tagging them in some way so you can more easily distinguish what could
> be an email addressed to you without people having to also remember to
> put your address on cc. I recommend the same to the other people who
> have stated that they cannot read all emails to IAEP and sugar-devel.

Hmm this would be useful, but I'd have to think of a server-side
solution to do this because I cannot afford to make my client scan all
incoming messages from all mailing-list every time I check for new
email.

> Right, it doesn't scale if people need to know whether to mention
> somebody explicitly on CC or not. Better if everybody tries to improve
> their tools.

Yep. I'm looking at Notmuch with much anticipation but not too much
hurry :-)

Currently, I use a very traditional IMAP setup with a hierarchy of
folders because I've never got around to rethink everything around more
modern concepts of tagging and full-text indexing. I'm not even sure I'd
ever be able to readjust...