[Systems] mirror down?

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sun Jun 6 13:41:41 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> El Thu, 03-06-2010 a las 09:44 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso escribió:
>> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 09:38, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
>> > Please *do* cc me, I don't check my 50+ mailing-list folders every day
>> > to find out if someone expects a response from me :-)
>>
>> It would do wonders if you could tag all emails with bernie on them :)
>>
>> How much ice cream do you want so you spend the 5 minutes that would
>> take you to do it?
>
> I do not understand... what do you mean by "emails with bernie on them"?
> Should I be grepping the message body for my name just in case someone
> forgets to cc me explicitly?

I was suggesting to filter incoming emails that contain "bernie" and
tagging them in some way so you can more easily distinguish what could
be an email addressed to you without people having to also remember to
put your address on cc. I recommend the same to the other people who
have stated that they cannot read all emails to IAEP and sugar-devel.

> BTW: subscribers who don't like to receive two copies of the same email
> can just turn on the "nodupes" option in their Mailman subscription.

Right, it doesn't scale if people need to know whether to mention
somebody explicitly on CC or not. Better if everybody tries to improve
their tools.

Regards,

Tomeu