[Systems] IPv6 for buildslave-fedora-11-64bit.sugarlabs.org

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org
Sun Oct 11 04:46:21 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 11:41:13PM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> Adding tun6to4 and radvd to Develer's main router would mean that
> _all_ the machines would get a globally routed IPv6 address.
OK, good point, that's not going to be something you'd want to do as
part of a short term plan. And without it we'd have to have radvd
running ourselves, so we're almost back to the starting point (except
for not having to maintain the uplink ourselves, including worrying
about things like not disturbing the VoIP setup).

>> > Perhaps we'll reconsider when we've grow more confidence in KVM >
>> resource allocation and prioritization.
>> Especially with JhBuildBot starting all builds in parallel [1].
> Who cares what happens *inside* a VM?
Most likely nobody if it's a single VM. But currently _all_ buildslaves
start heavy work at exactly the same time. That's 4 buildslaves (soon
even more as we don't have Ubuntu Karmic and Fedora 12 yet) against 1
Asterisk VM.

> I was talking about allocating a smaller CPU slice to the intire guest
> at the KVM level (and perhaps limiting also disk I/O; memory already
> has a fixed upper bound).
If there's a reliable way to do so, I'm eager to hear it. Didn't even
manage to allocate sufficient resources to my MP3 player software at
home. Process priorities (nice level) isn't enough and giving the MP3
player RT priority makes it even worse.

PS: Please respect Mail-Followup-To. I'm already on the list.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/