[Systems] [IT] Bandwidth usage on bender

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org
Wed Aug 5 02:30:53 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 11:49:56PM +0200, Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> Sitting on our gateway with tcpdump/tshark, I saw flows of incoming
> packets
> (unless I misread the dump -- which is possible, but alas I don't have
> it
> around anymore). I saw it happening last Sunday afternoon, at around
> 5pm
> CEST. --

You mean SYN packets, i.e. incoming connections? Pity that you don't
have the dump around anymore, it would have been really useful. The
monitoring tools I've found so far all seem to be realtime, so nothing
to set up for logging and investigate _after_ an incident. :-/
But with the exact time you gave I can at least check who was logged in
at that time.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/