[Systems] [IT] Bandwidth usage on bender

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Tue Aug 4 17:49:56 EDT 2009

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 20:21:17 +0200, Sascha Silbe
<sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 07:10:46PM +0200, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>
>> I'm not opposed switch to port forwarding or add it alongside IPv6,
>> but perhaps first we might investigate the 6in4 solution a little
>> more?
> Maybe we should try to find the culprit of the bandwidth spike? I
> somehow doubt that it's an _incoming_ connection, thus port forwarding
> (while IPv6 is still enabled) wouldn't buy us anything.

Sitting on our gateway with tcpdump/tshark, I saw flows of incoming packets
(unless I misread the dump -- which is possible, but alas I don't have it
around anymore). I saw it happening last Sunday afternoon, at around 5pm
CEST.
--
Giovanni Bajo
Develer S.r.l.