[Systems] Buildbot

Luke S Crawford lsc at prgmr.com
Tue Dec 2 14:16:07 EST 2008

"David Farning" <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:36 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
> <marcopg at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Tomeu made some changes in the code which make it dependent on Fedora
> > 10/Ubuntu intrepid. Which means that buildbot is not working anymore
> > :(
> >
> > Should we ask Luke if it's possible to have sugarlabs2
> > updated/recreated as F10? Do you have news about sugarlabs3?

Hey, yeah, so right now all my servers are CentOS 5.2 (xen 3.1/3.0.3
userland.)   Options for something that requires paravirt_ops,
from my understanding, are an upgrade...  Right now, the only
Xen 3.3 boxes I have are in my garage (on a static IP on my DSL) waiting
until later this month when he.net (hopefully) gets its new power systems
in place, or I get tired of waiting and stash my new server in Sacramento,
on a cogent line with no IPv6 (very sad, but the sac location does have
really cheap power, which is nice.)

The other option that would work right now is HVM... but that's going to
be kinda slow on I/O.  But I guess figuring out the HVM drivers would be
kinda interesting...   Nick, ideas?