[somos-azucar] Custom implementations (was: Re: Official Feedback for Hexoquinasa v0.9)

Sebastian Silva sebastian en somosazucar.org
Lun Mayo 27 15:15:55 EDT 2013

Hi,
We've been testing latest Physics pre-release using Sugar 0.94, but
the activity was not closing at all. Upon closer look, it seems you missed
a bit of my patch (attached). A preview is pre-fetched into self.preview
because by the time get_preview is called when closing, pygame is already
stopped. With patch, If get_preview finds pre-fetched preview, it will not
try to get from pygame. Now it works properly.

With regard to releasing Hexoquinasa with pre-release Physics, I managed
to shoehorn unzipping pre-release Physics 11.6 into buillding image, but
this
goes against the spirit of Sugar Network's goal of providing feedback for
released activities. Hopefully we'll see a release soon. :-)

The matter of using pre-release or customized /Implementations/ of
activities in
Sugar Network is not clear, maybe it will happen extending current
"layer" [1]
functionality or making available different "channels" as different
/C//ontexts/.

Probably Alsroot has a vision about how to handle these cases,

Regards,
Sebastian
[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/Sugar_Network/Objects_model