[somos-azucar] Fwd: Puni pilot

Aleksey Lim alsroot en sugarlabs.org
Mie Abr 4 02:05:25 EDT 2012

Hi all!

(thats just an appeal to solve this issue gently and as soon as possible)

I hope everybody, from this mailing list, are agree that having well
organized and community driven Learning Platform deployment is the first
point in strategic plan. But the point is, at least for me, if this
process was already started as a public process, well organized and
community driven formation is the first [one of] tactic priority as
well. Because it is really hard to cleanup white suit from a soot, much
better to avoid making it dirty from the beginning.

Solving this current issue is critically important not only for Peruvian
community, but also world-wide. Why it is important world-wide? This
might be the first experience, within the Sugar Labs afaik, to start
(and complete) Learning Platform deployment driven by community:

* effort started from Peru Sugar Local Lab
* organized Sugar Camp Lima
* translation to local languages by community volunteers
* creating official entity (Escuelab Puno) to represent Puno volunteers
  to start deployment pilot
* system approach to support this pilot from technical point of view
  from Sugar Labs level
* (I might miss something important)

Such full deployment cycle effort driven by [Peruvian] community is
critically important for Sugar Labs community in general to reproduce it
in other places.

--
Aleksey