[somos-azucar] Fwd: Puno pilot

Aleksey Lim alsroot en sugarlabs.org
Mie Abr 4 03:48:27 EDT 2012

Hi all!

I'm just trying to make the whole structure clear for myself,
fix me if I'm wrong.

There are:

* Sugar Labs Peru (alias is Somosazucar)
  Assumed to be a community driven, non-profit organization to
  cover/coordinate all efforts related to Sugar Learning Platform in
  Peru. It is being supported by ATA organization to handle things like
  accepting donations.

* Sugar Labs Peru Board
  http://pe.sugarlabs.org/go/Malla
  Is an elective, among community, institution that only has executive
  permissions for cases like forwarding money flows donated to Sugar
  Labs Peru needs.

* Hexokinase
  Sugar distribution (in quite general meaning that includes not only
  software but content, support procedures, etc.).
  This distribution is based on [global] Sugar Labs project, Harmonic
  Distribution (that pursues the same goals).
  Hexokinase project is lead by Laura and Sebastian and appointed to be
  useful on its own (not only for one particular deployment pilot).

* Escuelab Puno
  Official entity created to represent Puno community members [of
  Sugar Labs Peru] to work with, e.g., Puno municipality. Escuelab Puno
  is assumed to be responsible for processing deployment pilot of
  Hexokinase in Puno.

The problems how I see them:

* Proper treating donations that Sugar Labs Peru got, afaik, it was
  donated particular to Puno pilot needs. I hope technical issues with
  processing this donations are in the past (after involving ATA) and
  possible issues/misunderstanding might be technically fixed by having
  a special person on Sugar Labs Peru Board level who will coordinate
  these flows (better to have a person who are not involving in other
  ongoing projects within Sugar Labs Peru, to avoid any insinuations).

* Afaik, many people out of Peruvian community who took part in this
  effort (including myself), was doing that in assuming they work
  exactly on Puno pilot. I didn't hear, maybe I missed something, about
  any other pilot efforts except Puno (in stage like Puno, e.g.,
  creating Escuelab Puno) during these months. Since resources are
  limited, it will be useful, for nearest months, be concentrated only
  on this pilot, i.e., for decisions that Sugar Labs Peru Board might
  take for appointing resources.

--
Aleksey