[somos-azucar] Fwd: Puni pilot

Neyder Achahuanco Apaza neyder en neyder.net
Mie Abr 4 00:04:31 EDT 2012

Hi Alkesey, and Hi All.

We appreciate your development of the Sugar Network Platform, and the
Harmonic Distribution. We know that SN is the most useful tool for
deployment in the geography of Peru after the huge limitations on the
internet connection, wich together with the messengers/chasquis manage "the
internet without internet" of wich we talk about. We know that freeing and
making easy the use and installation of Sugar environment on other
distributions makes this a more ubiquitous tool, this set is our Swiss Army
Knife for the use of technology in education, but like a knife needs an
expert hand to be useful, in this way Harmonic and SN will not reach its
full potential if it's not from the hand of experts in education, I mean
teachers. That is why the deployment for the pilot in Puno the tools tath
you have developed are very important but is also very important to
involve, train and eventually engage every teacher working in this pilot,
it this without leaving aside or want to replace them since They are who
educate every day, year after year to children who deserve our attention
and who for we work; In this understanding we can not ignore or pretend to
virtual community networks replace teachers, as contact with people to who
appreciate and respect is still necessary in children and the guidance of
their elders, in this case shown in the picture os the Teacher. We want the
teacher to use ICT tools in good pedagogy.

We believe it is very important to save these issues for the good of the
community in Peru and for our common goals, education with technology, we
believe it is important to give our reasons for these problems:

As in the SugarCamp Lima 2012 we agreed to deploy a joint pilot oriented
toward improving education with the efficient use of the XOs. Believed this
project off the Hexoquinase Distro, As a union of interests between the
communities. It was unpleasant surprise a recent news, that Hexokianse is
another project of a Company of Services project, called Malla supervised
by Laura Vargas and Sebastian Silva, project of wich we know only a little,
despite putting our views to be a more comprehensive project and not based
only in technology.

We believed to be part of SugarLabs Peru comunity, and not as a part of a
commercial organization with vertical schema, As has been handled so far by
Laura Vargas. So on top of all Laura Vargas and Sebastian Silva, take all
decisions on behalf of the community without further consultation, although
there was an Executive Director -Juan Camilo Lema- within the Supervisory
Board of SugarLabs Peru, is Laura Vargas who has the last word, as she
mentioned: -all decisions are behind my "approval"- wich we already
supposed. We are surprised to learn that the Supervisory Board was not
aware of these decisions by Laura Vargas.

That the promise of 5000 USD donation from Berine Innocenti and Google,
were given to the project and implementation in Puno, not directly to
somosAzucar or Hexoquinase. We are very clear to say that if we had
explained or at least ordered and warned with the reasons why Laura Vargas
would control all the money for this project (Hexokinase) and the like, in
the best we had agreed. But quite the opposite and authoritatively plunder
us of any decision or management over our destinities in the project
Hexokinase both economic and participation. We are accused of having
personal income as part of our own work, but we made clear that if we had
been able to allocate some of that donation for the maintenance of the
office in Puno, I personally, I also devote 24/7 to Hexokinase, to mention
that to date the rent of the office is more than 3000 PEN unti now, it have
payed by us, this to indicate that our work serves only to keep Escuelab
Puno and their projects, they know wery well that if you want to archieve
an agreement with an institution at least we must have an office to
represent us. Despite economic problems at work we assume these investments.

Without prior consultation we were presented with impossible deployment
schedules and work. In addition to assigning us to this deploy of
Hexokianse a much lower butget for this type of work, bordering on
exploitation, all part of our Project Architect: Laura Vargas, mainly
because travel will be undertaken, people will be hired
(Messengers/Chaskis).
On the schedules, wait there a stable version until June 2012 to start
school choice and the next deployment, are nothing productive since that
time the teachers are with plans submitted and it is very difficult to
integrate some of pedagogical and techonological things at that time. That
is why it was important to do in months of February/March, for wich we
waited for the donation of Bernie. So do field work and selection of Rural
Schools. Donation that was delayed by the sole discretion of our Project
Architect even though the conditions were given by Kiko
Mayora-Escuelab.org-ATA. Under excuses like "it's very hard for me", "money
is too high to lose" situtation clarified by Kiko Mayorga to us all well.
Getting this money into presonal bank account of Sebastian Silva, no
possibility of control or audit by any part of the community but the
unexistent truth or external ones, also losing the opportunity to create a
history of donations for the project.

Finally, the authoritarian way of changing the original objetives of the
project Hexokinase to reflect personal financial interests, that is to be
paid more because it will be a project mainly based in software development
in the matter of Laura Vargas, rather than actual deployment and support.
We end up drive off this project, we do not feel employees of Laura Vargas,
or want not to be. Clarify that we are not against the existence of a
financial reward for the effort equivalent of each of the members of this
projects, but we do not agree to pay excessive sums, well above the cost of
deployment and implementation. Especially if they are only for
intermediaries or cute faces of the project.

We believe that to overcome this problem caused by poor communication and
excessive authoritarianism  in a project to be geographically in Puno, is
necessary to reorganize the leadership structure of it, we trust the people
of the Supervisory Board of SugarLabs Peru, plenipotencial and decision
making, we recognize only Mr. Juan Camilo Lema as the project leader, who
ultimately and in an emergency can decide on the organization, budgets,
implementation and deployment. Withouth requiring any kind of "approval",
special from Laura Vargas.

"ICT by themselves are not the solution but needs people who use them well"

PD. We do not need a SABDFL.

PD2. Spanish version is in the bottom

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot en sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 07:41:59AM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > To make my own situation clear, recent months I was working on technical
> > implementation that should be used for Puno pilot. It was formed,
> > eventually, to Harmonic Distribution effort that is intended to be a
> > system/complex approach to provide Learning Platform to different cases,
> > starting from individual users and ending by deployments (like Puno).
> > Harmonic Distribution consists of native packages repositories (Sweets
> > Distribution) and Sugar Network as a complex solution to provide
> > content/support/social-activity. So, I didn't have time to take a close
> > look (language is also an obstacle) to whats happening out of this work.
> >
> > So, whats the sources of current conflict when some people started
> > saying that Puno pilot might happen as a separate project?
> >
> > Having the situation when education deployments will happen in Peru on
> > separate basis is really bad for Peru community itself and how this
> > situation will be treated out of Peru (it is important, e.g., for
> > attracting contributors world wide). I, personally, really dislike if
> > it will happen.
> >
> > Could you expose, in a couple of sentences, your vision on the problem
> > and how this might be fixed. Once more, even if you don't think it is
>
> err, "Once more, even if you *do* think it is"
>
> > not important to fix this situation, it is not true (it might be true if
> > you are planing to behave in parallel world, not in the current one).
> >

> > [1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/Harmonic_Distribution
>
> --
> Aleksey

*Hola a todos

Aleksey, agradecemos el desarrollo de la Plataforma SUGAR NETWORK y también
HARMONIC Distribution. Sabemos que SN es la herramienta mas útil para un
despliegue como la geografía de Perú debido a los enormes limitantes de
conexión, que junto a los mensajeros/Chasquis logran “el internet sin
internet” del cual hablamos, sabemos también que liberar el fácil uso e
instalación del entorno  SUGAR  en otras distribuciones  hace de esta una
herramienta mas ubicua, este conjunto es nuestra navaja suiza para el uso
 de tecnologías en educación, pero al igual que una navaja necesita la
 mano de  un experto para poder ser realmente útil; de esta forma SN y
Harmonic no llegaran a su potencial completo si no  es de la mano de los
expertos en educación, osea los profesores, es por eso que el despliegue
del piloto  en Puno, si bien son muy importantes las herramientas que tu y
la comunidad SUGARLABS han desarrollado también es muy importante
involucrar, capacitar y finalmente comprometer a cada docente que trabaje
 en este piloto sin dejarles de lado ni querer reemplazarles ya que son
ellos quienes educan día a día, año tras año a los niños a quienes nos
debemos y por quienes trabajamos: en este entender no podemos prescindir de
los profesores ni pretender reemplazarlos por redes comunitarias virtuales,
ya que el contacto con personas de aprecio y respeto aún es necesario en
los niños, así como la guia de sus mayores, en este caso representado en la
imagen del profesor. Buscamos que el profesor pueda usar  bien las
herramientas TICs en  su pedagogía.

Creemos que es muy importante salvar estos problemas por el bien de la
comunidad en Perú y de nuestros objetivos comunes, la educación con
tecnología, creemos es importante dar nuestras razones de estos problemas:

Como sucedió en el SUGARCAMP LIMA 2012 que concordamos en desplegar un
piloto conjunto, orientado hacia la mejora de la educación con el uso
eficiente de las XO de OLPC-Peru. De esto creímos despegó el Proyecto
Hexoquinasa, cómo una unión de intereses entre las comunidades. Fue ingrata
la sorpresa reciente de que Hexoquinasa es un producto más de una empresa
de servicios supervisada por un proyecto llamado Malla de Laura Vargas y
Sebastian Silva, del cual conocemos apenas poco, a pesar de poner nuestras
opiniones para que sea un proyecto integral y no solo basado en Tecnología.

De la comunidad “SugarLabs Peru” del cual somos parte creímos estar en tal.
Y no como en una organización comercial de esquema vertical, como se ha
manejado hasta ahora por parte de Laura Vargas. Así en la cima de todo
Laura Vargas y Sebastian Silva, toman todas las decisiones a nombre de la
comunidad sin mayor consulta, pese a existir un “Director Ejecutivo” dentro
de la Junta Supervisora es Laura Vargas quien tiene la ultima palabra, como
mencionó: -todas las decisiones son con su “Visto Bueno”- tema que ya
suponíamos. Nos sorprende el enterarnos que la Junta Supervisora no estuvo
al tanto de estas decisiones tomadas por Laura Vargas.

Que la promesa de donación de 5000 USD de parte de Bernie Innocenti y
Google, fueron dadas al proyecto e implementación en Puno, no directamente
hacia SomosAzucar ó Hexoquinasa. Ponemos muy en claro que si se nos hubiera
explicado o al menos pedido, las razones por las que Laura Vargas
controlaría completamente los dineros para este proyecto (Hexoquinasa) y
afines, en el mejor de los casos hubiéramos accedido. Pero muy por el
contrario y autoritariamente se nos despojo de cualquier decisión o manejo
sobre nuestros destinos en el proyecto Hexoquinasa tanto económicos y de
participación. Se nos acusa de tener ingresos personales como parte de
nuestro trabajo propio, pero ponemos en claro, que si hubieramos podido
destinar algo de eso -la donación- para la manutención de la Oficina en
Puno, con gusto personalmente, me dedicaría también 24/7 a Hexoquinasa, por
mencionar que a la fecha el alquiler de la oficina es más de 3000 PEN
asumidos por nosotros, esto para indicar que nuestro trabajo sirve para
mantener a Escuelab Puno y sus proyectos, saben muy bien que si se desea
lograr un convenio con una institución al menos se debe tener una oficina
donde representarnos. Pese a tener problemas económicos en el trabajo
asumimos estas inversiones.

Que sin consulta previa a nosotros se presentaron cronogramas imposibles de
despliegue y trabajo. Además de asignarnos para este despliegue de
Hexoquinasa un presupuesto muy inferior para cualquier tipo de trabajo,
rozando la explotación, todo esto de parte de nuestra Arquitecto de
Proyecto: Laura Vargas, sobre todo por que se realizarán viajes, se
contratarán personas (Mensajeros/Chaskis).
Sobre los cronogramas, esperar a que exista una versión estable hasta Junio
de 2012, para poder empezar la elección de escuelas y el siguiente
despliegue, son nada productivos, ya que para esa época los profesores
están con planes presentados y es muy difícil integrar algún tipo de
propuesta pedagógica y tecnológica en ese tiempo. Es por ello que era
importante realizarlo en los meses de Febrero/Marzo, para lo cual
esperábamos la donación de Bernie. Así realizar el trabajo de campo y de
selección de Escuelas Rurales. Donación que fue retrasada por exclusivo
criterio de nuestra Arquitecto de Proyecto pese a que las condiciones
estaban dadas gracias a Kiko Mayora - Escuelab.org - ATA. Bajo excusas como
“es muy complicado para mi”, “es muy alto el dinero a perder”; situación
que Kiko Mayora nos aclaro a todos muy bien. Llegando este dinero a la
cuenta personal de Sebastian Silva, sin posiblidad de control o auditoría
alguna de parte de la comunidad y externos, además perdiendo la oportunidad
de crear antecedentes de donaciones para el proyecto.

Finalmente, la manera autoritaria de cambiar los objetivos primigenios del
proyecto hexoquinasa, para reflejar intereses económicos personales, es
decir que se les pague más ya que será un proyecto mayoritariamente de
desarrollo de software, más que de despliegue y acompañamiento real. Nos
termina por expulsar de este proyecto, nosotros no nos sentimos empleados
ni trabajadores de Laura Vargas, ni deseamos serlo. Aclarar que no estamos
en contra de que exista una retribución económica equivalente por el
esfuerzo de cada uno de los miembros de este proyecto, pero tampoco estamos
de acuerdo en pagar sumas excesivas, muy superiores al costo de despliegue
e implementación. Sobre todo si son solo intermediarios o caras lindas del
proyecto.

Creemos que para poder salvar este problema generado por la falta de
comunicación, y excesivo autoritarismo en un proyecto a realizarse
geográficamente en Puno, es necesario reorganizar la estructura de
liderazgo del mismo, nosotros confiamos en las personas de la Junta de
Supervisión de SugarLabs Peru, y su plenipotencial toma de decisiones,
reconocemos únicamente al señor Juan Camilo Lema como lider de este
proyecto, quien en ultima instancia y de emergencia es quien decida sobre
la organización, los presupuestos, la ejecución y despliegue. Sin necesitar
ningún tipo de “Visto Bueno” especial de Laura Vargas.

“Las TIC por si solas no son la solución, sino necesita de personas que
 las utilicen bien.”

PD.: Nosotros no necesitamos de un SABDFL.*
*
*
*--*
*Atentamente*