[somos-azucar] [Urgente] Re: Tenemos que trabajar en la configuración regional glibc inmediatamente

Rubén Rodríguez ruben en gnu.org
Mie Oct 19 22:32:38 EDT 2011

> Attached is a rough draft of the quz_PE glibc locale.

I've patched it into the eglibc and locales packages, and it works
(although there is a missing " on line 68). Also, I've found out that
patching eglibc wasn't really needed (which is good, as it took more
than an hour using an 8 core machine), as even if it contains all the
locale definitions they don't seem to be actually used, and those
provided by the locales package are used instead.

Patched locales packages for Trisquel 5.0 (natty based) are at:
deb http://devel.trisquel.info/locales natty main
After updating the locales package, you need to run this
 sudo locale-gen quz_PE.UTF-8
and set $LANG to quz_PE.UTF-8. Some tests (man, is it juywis already?):

ru en aspire:~$ LANG=quz_PE.UTF-8
ru en aspire:~$ cal
    Uktuwru 2011
tu lu ma mi ju wi sa
                   1
 2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

ru en aspire:~$ date
juy ukt 20 04:29:51 CEST 2011

After this first step we need to include the other locales definitions
and of course, the actual translations.

BTW, We've found this http://lh.2xlibre.net/locale/quz_PE/
I don't know if it is related to the file you provided or if it was
already discussed, but I thought it could be useful if not.