[Sugar-devel] Sugarizer Assignments Meeting #4 : 13 June 2022

Rohan Kumar rohanrajput16.phy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:40:08 EDT 2022

Hi,
*Today, I had a meeting with Nikhil Mehra and had a discussion about the
work items with basically includes *

   - The flow of creating assignment API
   - discuss the assignedWork field under the assignment data
   - examine the metadata of journal entries of teachers and students
   - some functions like addQuery, and addInJournalEntry
   - make some scenarios for a better understanding of the assignment
   architecture and how it is connected to the sugarizer after launch.
   - learns a lot of things i.e reading tests to better understand how data
   is flow through API and motivates me to write tests for the API because
   it's a good practice.

*Problems experienced last week*

   - The first problem was that I could not understand the flow of the
   assignment. Now I know after the meeting.
   - AddQuery function, which is used to do some filtering
   - I just want to do something like populate with objectIDs present in
   the classroom array. Then Nikhil sir told me that it would happen through
   sets and for loops.
   - The problem in what is the role of objectID in journal entries.

*Here is the list of tasks we have decided on for the week*

   - I will work on creating an assignment API.
   - I will test the API to see if it is working properly on the Sugarizer
   client app
   - If there is time left, I will write the tests also for creating API

*The next meeting is scheduled for next week on Monday.*

Regards,
Rohan kumar