[Sugar-devel] Response in Re: you needed Assistance

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun May 13 16:57:20 EDT 2018

All data from GitHub issues would be useful for a developer dashboard.

It's not simple.  Repositories must also include those that are not in
the /sugarlabs/ organisation, such as the Help Activity, and many
others.

Pratul is writing a web application, and likely coding in JavaScript,
so the GitHub REST API https://developer.github.com/v3/ should have
what is needed.  If Pratul has a problem with the API, ask GitHub Help
team or #github IRC channel. The GitHub API is not part of Sugar.

I still don't think a developer dashboard will help Sugar Labs at a
social level, because we have so few developers, but I've no objection
to someone trying it.

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 10:44:59AM +0530, Vipul Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
> Over the problem, you were having - You need all issues of a every Repository
> in Sugar Labs. I would need some clarification on the same.
>
> 1. How do you need all the issues (Issue description, just titles, on respect
> to what, repo to repo or some other criteria?)
> 2. Why Javascript, I couldn't understand this part. Shouldn't you need the
> output in a more accessible format like JSON for instance? You can use the
> GitHub API for the same (I strongly recommend PyGitHub)
>
> Cordially,
> Vipul Gupta
> [1]Mixster | [2]Github
> Ps - I did read your messages, that day on IRC. I made the draft at night but
> forgot to send it until now and yesterday I was busy with my community meetup.

> [1] https://mixstersite.wordpress.com/
> [2] https://github.com/vipulgupta2048

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/