[Sugar-devel] Meeting #2 of the project Setting up activity server.

Tony Anderson tony at olenepal.org
Mon May 7 04:35:57 EDT 2018

Clearly my intent with the inventory is to identify those activities
that are working (and in which environments). Hopefully, Caryl Bigenho's
educational committee can get information from the users as to which of
the non-working activities should have priority to bring back into
working order. The 87 activities are working when generated by
bundle-builder on both Ubuntu and the XO (needs further testing but the
one's tested so far with one exception have worked on an XO-1.5). So I
don';t see what extensive effort will be needed to keep them working.

Where we need to be realistic is in stating that an activity works on
Sugar versions from 0.84 to 0.112. In general activities should be
supported only with the current release of Sugare github.

I was hoping there was a place on github.com/sugarlabs where we could
post the spreadsheet so that it can be kept up to date reflecting the
current status.

Aside from the port to gtk3, the primary problem seemed to be webkit. Is
there a way to import webkit that works with both Ubuntu 18.04 and
13.2.9? Do we need to have two separate versions of activities - one for
Ubuntu and one for 13.2.9?

Tony