[Sugar-devel] Default Collaboration Server

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Mon Jan 18 18:17:21 EST 2016

This is probably a correct analysis for those in the US with online
broadband connection. However, at deployments which depend on the school
server (those without internet access), gabble is needed to enable all
XOs to collaborate. One of the first tests at a deployment is to ensure
that XOs connected to the schoolserver are visible to each other (i.e.
that gabble is working and not salut).

Such a change needs a more thorough study. Should we limit collaboration
to XOs with a common router (partition the LAN)? Does collaboration with
salut work for XOs connected to the school server? Is it a reasonable
restriction at a deployment that only some XOs can chat?

Tony