[Sugar-devel] Docker in Sugar/XO laptop

tkkang at nurturingasia.com tkkang at nurturingasia.com
Sat May 23 03:00:41 EDT 2015

>I'm puzzled as to why you would want an XO laptop to host docker
>applications; thus going slower and having less memory.

Perhaps some real smart children can start using their XO laptop to learn how to host various web applications from docker.

>Asking for Docker to be surrounded by Sugar doesn't make any sense.

I mean a sugar activity to start/launch docker that is installed.

>This goes against the idea of a personal computer; where all resources
>are shared; files, journal, network, hardware.

Using the XO laptop which is a personal computer but turning it into a server running web applications for their friends under the tree. They are sharing/collaborating in a different way.

Hope it makes sense :-)