[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Planning for the future (Samuel, Greenfeld)

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed Mar 18 20:40:42 EDT 2015

Sean,

I think you are getting at what I consider the heart of the problem.
SugarLabs sees Sugar as an alternative GUI for any computing device with
primary efficacy in the developed, internet-connected world. This goal
is understandable since the XOs have a limited life and so Sugar must be
operable on currently marketed devices.

The project I signed up for is to place computers in the hands of every
child at a community school in the developing world where electricity is
an issue, the internet is unavailable, and teachers as well as students
have no prior experience with computing. The goal of the project is to
enhance the educational opportunities of these students through the use
of Sugar as well as access to information others on the right side of
the digital divide get from the internet.

Tony